Sydney Architecture Images- The Rocks and the Quay

Palisade Hotel 

architect

Henry D. Walsh (chief engineer Sydney Harbour Trust).

location

Corner Munn and Bettington Streets, Millers Point

date

1912

style

Federation Free Style

construction

brick with sandstone trim

type

Pub
The halfway mark and the furthest we venture from The Rocks precinct. The Palisade was built in 1912 on a sandstone bluff overlooking the wharves in Walsh Bay. Like many other hotels in the area this one replaced an earlier Palisade. This pub was popular with labourers working on the Sydney Harbour Bridge from 1923 to 1932.
 
 
 
 
   

 

www.sydneyarchitecture.com 

links

http://www.palisadehotel.com/index.htm